The Cleveland Area Board of REALTORS® was incorporated June 25,1892 and was originally known as The Cleveland Real Estate Board. Daniel Taylor was its first President, and its first office was a rented room in the building that stood on the corner of Euclid Avenue and Public Square, where the BP building stands today.
A fire destroyed the building in 1895 and regular meetings were discontinued until 1906. Interestingly, a multiple listing service was available at the time. It consisted of a clerk authorized to receive and register descriptions of available property.
The Akron Area Board of REALTORS® was incorporated on March 22, 1912. A small room in the old Buchtel Hotel at the corner of Main and Mill Streets was the site of the meeting where eighteen local businessmen met. F.M. Cooke was the President. In 1917 Akron was host to the State Realtor Convention with over one thousand in attendance. Due to rapid post-war growth in 1919 a full-time secretary was employed to more effectively guide the organization.
On October 15, 2013 the Akron and Cleveland area Boards merged and became the Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS® (ACAR). Through merger ACAR members will benefit from the combined strengths of both organizations:
ACAR Award Recipients
How to be a REALTOR®
Careers in Real Estate
9100 South Hills Blvd., Suite 150 Broadview Heights, OH 44147
Phone: (216) 901-0130 Fax: (216) 901-0149
Become a Member
Choose a Realtor